Cultivated originally during the ancient period somewhere in Egypt, Flax seeds are becoming a favorite among populations which have arid land and climate similar to Egypt where this crop could be grown. More than the taste and its easy consumption, it is famous for the medicinal properties which it posses. It is also high in fiber content, which increases its demand.
Hence, if today’s breakfast culture includes the flax seeds to one’s cereal bowl to have an extra go at fiber rich food, it is of no surprise.
The fatty acid, Omega-3’s presence in flax seeds thrive its credibility to reap in the benefits for your health.
Here are the benefits of Flax seeds in your daily life.
• The Omega 3 content helps in reducing inflammation at the joints of a person’s body. This especially helps a person who suffers from the agonizing pains occurring at their joints due to osteoporosis & arthritis. It also helps in relieving the pressure resulting on the arterial walls which happens due to the inflammation.
• Omega-3 also helps in the prevention of blood clots in the arteries which is very dangerous to a person life. Hence, Omega 3 containing flax seeds help to reduce the risks of strokes and the related heart diseases by making sure that the blood flow is maintained with less constraint or blocks.
• Flax seeds also facilitate in preventing damages to the bone and its loss. Moreover, it helps in strengthening the bones.
• The high fiber content in flax seeds helps in the prevention of constipation and to lower the cholesterol levels in our body. Its quality to prevent cancer affected cells from the attack on colon makes it more a super food.
• The amount of magnesium content in flax seeds makes it a good contender for the reduction of blood pressure making sure that the airways are kept open and hassle-free. This quality of flax seeds especially the patients who are suffering from asthma.
• Flax seed also comes in the form of powder which has been learned to be a very good source in helping improve cardiovascular activities.
• Flax seeds benefits in relieving pricky bowel problems and ulcers to an extent.
• It also helps women to deal with symptoms of menopause.