Do you often get late for office in the morning? Cooking breakfast for family, ironing clothes for kids and husband, packing lunch for all, and getting yourself ready for office too, create a mess at home for us ladies. In the middle of this mess, deciding on what to cook for your kids’ school is a big decision to make against the time slot that we devote for this task. Don’t worry! Here’s an extremely quick-to-make, healthy lunch food recipe that your kids will love to carry for lunch.
This veggie wrap stuffed with cheese, avocado, vegetables and other delicious items will provide a complete nutritious diet to your kids while they are away from you. Here you go…
Tortilla (made from flour): 1 or more large
Cream cheese: 1 tbsp
Avocado (peeled and sliced): 1/4 cup
Baby spinach leaves: 1/4 cup
Alfalfa sprouts: 1/4 cup
Carrot (grated): 2 tbsp
Pepper (grounded): 1 tbsp
Baby onion (finely chopped): 2 tbsp
Salt: to taste
1. Spread cream cheese evenly on the tortilla. The quantity of cheese depends on the likeness of your kids. After all, this one’s especially for them.
2. Spread all the vegetable ingredients (avocado, spinach leaves, sprouts, carrot and onion) in thin rows along the length of the tortilla pancake. Sprinkle pepper and salt on top of it. You can also mix all the ingredients in a dish to make a mixture and then spread this mixture inside the tortilla.
3. Seal nicely by rolling the tortilla tightly. Remember not to spread the mixture on the edges but leave some space from the edges. This will prevent the mixture from falling.
4. If you wish, you can fry the rolled tortilla over low flame with just one teaspoon of oil.
5. Cut the rolled tortilla in two halves and pack both the halves in separate foils or plastic wrap.
You kids’ lunch box is ready to be put in their school bags. You can couple this delicious, nutritious roll with jam, honey or tomato sauce, based on your kids’ preferences.
Your kids will just love their lunch and of course, their mother too. But, ask before trying this recipe for your husband’s lunch, right? He’s not a kid, after all!!!
Did you notice? With time saved, you’ve reached your office on time. Get going for some chat round the desk.